Sunday, June 25, 2006

she was a fast machine

its been a rough week kids. i ran out of gas and got in a wreck and my plumbing decided to go crazy on me. i flushed the toilet the other day and right afterwards crap started to come out of the drain in my bathtub. and my toilet was overflowing at the same time. as the plumber left i was like, so who cleans this crap up, in so many words, and he just said, 'you do."

today an old lady rammed into me on her way to church because she claims she didn't see my bright red car. i didn't have a stop sign, the old lady did. so naturally i pay no attention to the car at the stop sign until it meets the back half of my side. luckily, there was no one sitting on that side and nobody got hurt. my knee just got a little scraped when it scraped against the dashboard with the impact but thats about it. she was such a cute old lady though, she pointed out how she was wearing red to match my car. the cops that showed up were women and the old lady, (i don't remember her name and i don't know what else to call her, she was a lady and she was old) said to me, "don't you wish there was a gentleman here." i just laughed. she also said she had just gotten a new car, which was a year old, after having driven the same one for 28 years. wow. she said she had just been practicing in a parking lot the other day too. which i didn't understand if she had been driving for 28 years. i think i was also half listening to her anyway, i was too busy reeling about what just happened and all she wanted to do was make small talk....the lady cop was really cool though, she was telling us all about her marriage to another cop and how she has to "leave it at the door" talking about her job when she comes home and how she won't talk about work there. it was kind of funny because our speaker from the family therapy workshop said the same thing pertaining to therapy like the day before. this had 2 intense days of friday and saturday from 8 in the morning until 5 of learning about family art therapy. it was interesting and fun at times but just very very long. sitting in a conference room all day gets old really fast.

but all in all, today turned out to be a good day. kara, rachel, amity, and i all decided that we still wanted to go to the beach anyway, why let a little fender bender get in our way. the beach was sooo nice, the water was so warm and it felt so good. i'm a sucker for waves and sand. especially after wrecks and cleaning crap out of my tub.

3 comments:

Molly said...

She kept her motor clean, she was the best damn woman that I've ever seen . . .

I'm sorry about all the unfun stuff that's been going on lately, but yay for the beach! I'm listening to the Howl sessions right now, btw. Thanks for letting me copy them! BRMC, I loooooove you!

blanche rockabilly said...

actually dad didn't take it too badly, he was more understanding because it wasn't my fault.

blanche rockabilly said...

no prob molly! i so wish they would go on tour again soon...