Thursday, September 14, 2006

what it is

my head is being twisted and wrung with by our infamous fathers of psychology, freud and jung, oh and my personal favorite, that french guy jean piaget. i can barely wrap my head around that one. i think i finally get the difference between jung and freud but the challenging thing is how to actually apply this knowledge to art therapy. i usually don't like to talk about school in my blogs but the subject of symbolism is something that has been shoved down our throats these past few weeks and i can't seem to get away from it. hmm, what is a personal symbol? universal symbol? archetype? collective unconscious? ahhhhhhhhhh....its' taken about 3 weeks for us to answer these questions and in some ways it still isn't clear. you think you know it but then you wonder because the answer you're looking for is coming from place of thought where everything is open to interpretationand so you can keep going around in circles. all i really want to know is......WHERE IS MY AIRSTREAM!!! all i know is that is my personal symbol of freedom. anyway, but i think what i'm "supposed" to be learning is starting to integrate itself in my brain. "integrate" haha a jungian slip. i'm starting to get them both. and we have two whole classes devoted to this subject. go figure.

today during class i did feel proud of myself because i remembered an answer from a question that our professor asked us that was from a class from a year ago that nobody else could remember. sublimation for 500 alex! anyway, i felt like i was on a roll today. i usually don't speak up much but today for some reason i felt like i was on jeaopardy. heheh, i know thats probably not that big a deal for some people but for me simple things like that really make me feel good. but just as i was basking in my triumph a bunch of change just fell out of my pocket onto the floor. i just got these new black pants for work and i guess the pockets are really shallow. i just crossed my legs and you hear the cling clang of change hit the floor and everybody just busted out laughing. my professor didn't seem too amused though. i couldn't help but laugh too.

and....I LOVE MY APARTMENT! it'll do for now until i get my airstream.

3 comments:

Molly said...

dude, that's awesome that you remembered sublimation. one of my professor's asked pointed to me in class saying, "molly, you probably remember this from last year," and I was like, "uhhhh . . ." rock on! and hold on, the airstream is coming!

blanche rockabilly said...

haha, when in doubt "rock on" will get you out! haha

blanche rockabilly said...

i just realized i wrote "haha" twice. just wanted to let you know that i knew. heheh