Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Cash on the prairie

I was passing by one of my residents sleeping by the tv at my internship today and Little House on the Prarie was on and I happened to notice that Johnny Cash was playing a preacher. I hadn't seen the show in a really long time and I used to watch it all the time as a kid but I didn't know enough about the man to recognize who it was back then I guess. But it was a nice little surprise, it was right before it went to commercial but from what i saw he was consoling a little girl who's pet or something just died. It just reminded me how cool that man is, I mean who else in the rock world could pull off playing a preacher on Little House on the Prarie and still give the finger to the country music industry and rock your socks off at the same time. He just didn't care what anybody thought and that to me is priceless. I mean yeah, he fits right in on the prarie, but he stayed true to himself no matter what. I mean can you see any other rock legend getting away with hanging out with Laura Ingles and people still respect them? Mick Jagger, I think not.

1 comment:

Molly said...

Eat yer heart out, Mick!