Friday, November 23, 2007

stolen car

I came to All Saints today to try and get some work done on my proposal because the internet at my place has been hit or miss lately. I expected to have a nice quiet working environment because i figured everyone would be out of town because of the holidays. When I arrive, I hear yelling coming from somewhere and then one of the employees comes running out saying that some guy is trying to steal his friends car. I'm still kind of confused about the ligistics of this stolen car. All I know is there's a homeless guy with a drawing pad, ( whom i've seen a lot around here standing on the corner trying to sell his artwork of famous rock stars, he's actually quite good but i digress) trying to talk to this guy with red sunglasses who apparently is trying to steal the car and a bunch of other people standing outside calling people trying to get the "real" owner of the car to come out and claim his car while arguing this villain of this scenario i assume, the car stealer. Villain Red sunglasses guy is ranting and raving at these people rather feverishly but I can't really understand what he is saying. I am planting my butt inside through all of this as I take photos through the window, and Siamese Dream is playing in the background through all of this. I hadn't listened to this album in a while. Kind of fitting music for this moment I think. So me and the other innocent patrons are shrugging our shoulders at each other trying to figure out what's going on from a distance with our laptops and coffee protecting us hopefully if some other unforseen trouble occurs that would infiltrate inside this establishment . Then the cops show up and start padding this guy down and look through his wallet. I guess they're trying to figure out if he's really who he says he is. I don't have my little upload cord thingy so I can't upload them right now but I hope to have some proof of this happening on here soon. It's really very bazzar. Not what I expected on the day after Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

Ellen said...

All the crazies are out on the day after Thanksgiving.

Molly said...

Whoa, that's pretty nutty. I'm stoked to see that you're updating again! and your bike sounds so sweet. I'm super jealous, actually. and that you're playing the guitar. I am such a guitar loser. I watched The Song Remains the Same with a friend the other day, and you know what . . . there will always be a special place in my heart for those guys, but I think I'm just kind of over it now.

do you know uncle tupelo? i'm sure you do, but i just discovered them. I am SO in love. I think they may be my new BRMC.

blanche rockabilly said...

haha that reminded me of the time me, you and lacey all watched the song remains the same together at karen's and you got so mad cause lacey was making her usual derrogatory comments about robert plant or the whole band in general. you got really riled and knocked out one of her contacts with a pillow. or was it your contact? i can't remember. yea i know uncle tupelo, that was when jay farrar, the lead singer from son volt and jeff tweedy from wilco were together. i never really got to listen to much of it though. i want to. i'll have to try and get some soon...