Thursday, April 17, 2008

shameless rhymes

these are just some random rhymes i've written lately....they don't all really relate but I just group them all together anyway...



It's such a cliche nowadays to say what you really feel.
All those emo kids trying so hard to be real.
Authenticiy is hard when it's part of the indie mass appeal.


My ears are ringing and my eyes are heavy, too many concerts, not enough love,
So any miles unplanned and unknown. Driving for this reason, Why am I always alone...

Trying to learn some Joni Mitchell songs, only she can say how I really feel.
She knows what it's like in this life to be fragile and white...
It's down to you but it's up to me,
Seems I hear her angel voice now so frequently

I just about ran off the road and I'm not even drunk.
I just had to write this down before I forgot.
Seems so important now.
This flat tire is proof.
I was stopped in my own tracks by this truth.
Got my pen ready and willing,
with my other shaky hand holding coffee as it's spilling.

I'm tired of being so introspective
Think I'm gonna move on back to Texas
Sure ain't got to worry about no exes
I know Austin is my home.
Tired of being here so alone.
Yea I'm a Texas girl at heart
Can't wait to get my airstream parked...

1 comment:

Molly said...

Man, today I was just thinking that I wished I could move to Austin. and I sure wish i had an Airstream.

I need to listen to some more Joni Mitchell.