Friday, May 23, 2008

the jam session was a success!

i've been applying for jobs for the summer the past few weeks and i was starting to freak out because my current job will be over next week because school will be out and i have been desperately trying to find something for the next couple of months. and just this week i got two job offers that kind of just plopped in my lap. one is at a summer tennis camp (which is perfect) and the other is teaching a basic photography class at the art center on campus at florida state. i just walked into the art center yesterday to ask how much it was to use the darkoom and the woman behind the counter literally asks me "you need a job" and there it was. man, i have to say somebody is definitely looking out for me....

i also played open mic night by myself for the first time ever on tuesday night. just me and my guitar. it was at this place in town called Bird's Aphrodisiac Oyster Shack. i also had a special incentive to play at this particular open mic because the first person who signed up and played got a $25 tab. guess what, i was that person. it wasn't too bad actually. i played two lucinda williams songs and the crowd was very gracious. all 5 or so people. hehe. there were a few more people than that, but i think that was a good size for my first open mic. i didn't even bring a pick up for my guitar so i had to borrow the guitar of another girl at the bar. i got a few compliments on my voice so that made me feel good. i definitely need more work on my guitar skills. oh well, in due time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU ROCk!