Wednesday, July 12, 2006

collectively chaotic

today was my last day with the jeep. so sad. tomorrow i must turn it in for my red saturn. *sigh* all good things must come to an end. i feel sort of like a traitor to my saturn, like i've been cheating. but once you go jeep liberty, you don't wanna go back.

i wrote a silly poem in my art materials class about this found object sculpture we did. i don't have a title for it yet but here goes,

Something thrown away,
made it here today.
i don't know what to say
there's life and some decay
trying to make assemblance
of objects long forgotten
spanish moss and dental floss
and a pile of junk gone rotten
a pine cone here and a rusted pipe there,
put them both together, my what a lovely pair.
there's meaning in this madness
a kind of collective chaotic sadness
man and nature, nature and man
trying to bridge the gap the way that only art can..

No comments: