Saturday, March 17, 2007

Circus


I just want to clarify something from a blog i wrote a few weeks back. i have been getting a lot of questions about that understandably because i said that the Killers were mormons which is half true. Brandon Flowers came from a mormon family. i don't really know about the rest of the band. i just really liked comparing them to the Osmonds in that post for some reason because i was pissed that Black Rebel Motorcylce Club was opening for them which i think should be the other way around. i thought it was funny comparing them to the osmonds at the time and i was extremely tired and as well. I think the Killers are a decent band and I don't hate them, I was just a little irritated about the whole situation so there ya go.

On to the Rolling Stones, I'm so excited, I'm finally getting to see the Rolling Stones Rock n' Roll Circus! I have been wanting to see this movie forever and thanks to pbs I finally can. It is so crazy, Mick Jagger is interviewing John Lennon and John looks over to Mick and calls him Michael! It is so hilarious the way he says it with this hint of mockery and admiration at the same time in his voice. It seems so surreal. And then there's Joko Ono wailing into the mike with some guy playing violin and John in the background digging the hell out of it. I never understood that relationship, I can't stand her. She has sounds worse than an injured animal, I guess I'm not getting her artistic conceptual art crap but she just needs to stop....then there's the audience all dressed in these yellow and red parka looking things dancing around looking really stoned and confused of course. i wish i lived in London in the late 60s. you just can't beat real mods.....the audience is hilarious. the typical 60s dance move with lots of hair swinging and swaying side to side while clapping. then there's Pete Townsend is wearing a seat cushion on his head. maryanne faithful looks gorgeous, i love her eyelashes, she makes me want to start wearing fake eyelashes. oh and thanks to pbs i found out that Mick asked Bridget Bardot and Johnny Cash to be the ring leader of the "circus" they both declined. wow, what a crazy mix that would have been! The thought of Johnny Cash with a bunch of dancing parka wearing crazy mod brits just cracks me up. I really want this dvd, pbs is selling it for 90 bucks with bonus footage of John backstage with his son Julian. I really want this but that's kinda steep. i love pbs but i think i'll have to wait before i can donate money to those guys.

2 comments:

Molly said...

i just don't know whether it's better to be mod or a rocker! *sigh* if i could look like marianne faithfull, i wouldn't care either way. i think you should start wearing false eyelashes. that would be hot!

Molly said...

oh btw a girl in one of my classes was giving a presentation on london fashion in the 60s and she said that it was mainly a phenomenon for women. i was flipping out. i was about to raise my hand and be totally obnoxious and start citing examples about how fashion was totally revolutionary for men too but i didn't. thankfully the teacher corrected her in the end or i couldn't have stood it.