Saturday, March 24, 2007

THANK YOU!

I just wanted to tell everybody who has been praying and thinking about my dad through his surgery thank you so much. I can't thank you enough for your support. He is doing excellent by the way and he is coming home today sometime. After his surgery yesterday he was a little whoozy at first of course, but he was back to himself in no time. That's what is so scary about brain surgery because there is always that chance that you may not be the same person when you wake up but he was already cracking his usual jokes and making references to the hospital bills so we knew he was ok! His whole head is wrapped in white gauze that kind of makes a dome shape on the top of his head which looks like a turbin and we've all been teasing him that we should paint it pastel colors to look like an Easter egg just in time for the season. He said he scared himself when he caught a glimpse of himself in the reflection of the paper towel dispenser with his new "hat" anywho I can't believe how soon they're sending him home but the doctor says he is doing great so I won't argue with that! I'm just so glad it's over, surgery sucks! especially in your brain...but yea, thank you thank you thank you for everything. It is going to take a couple months before his incision is completely healed and he can get back to doing his usual stuff which will be kind of hard on him but the alternative is much worse i would say. There is still a chance for infection from the wound so I would appreciate it if you would continue to pray that everything heals quickly and safely. But the worst is over thank God...

Now all I need prayer for is that I get everything done I need to do for school in less than a month. I can't believe how fast this semester has flown by and I feel like I've been the biggest slacker ever since I started grad school. It's technically my last semester before I graduate in August besides a few weekend workshops in the summer and our final project which I don't forsee being that difficult. I guess you could call it burn out. I just really don't have the motivation right now, I'm so done with school but knowing that I'm going to France in a month is what's keeping me going! I AM GOING TO SEE BOB DYLAN IN PARIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to stay in France for about a month to visit Molly in Lille as well. I'm going to try and travel around as much as possible while I'm there. I really want to go to Amsterdam and London too. We'll see. I'm just happy to get out of the country for the first time EVER! I've been practicing my French etiquitte. well not really, I've just been trying to find french looking clothes and listening to french music. I bought this shirt yesterday at Plato's closet that is navy and white striped and my friend told my it looked very french last night and I didn't even mention anything about going to France yet! I was really stoked about that! I'm really getting into Brigitte Bardot's style right now. She was such a cool chic. And Molly, I am so glad you introduced me to Serge Gainsbourg, his stuff is amazing. I wasn't sure if I really liked it at first but the more I listen to it the more I love his sound eventhough I can't understand what he's saying....I freaking LOVE Bonnie and Clyde! I can't stop listening to it!

No comments: